flamestar

Default Create Real Lines

I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go to the
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I know about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that act like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Anne Troy

You only need to ask once.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"flamestar" wrote in message
I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go to

the
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I know

about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that act

like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Can you figure out what he wants? I've tried and I'm just not sure.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
You only need to ask once.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"flamestar" wrote in message
I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go to

the
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I know

about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that act

like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Anne Troy

Yep. He wants REAL lines. Not the fake ones that come with using tables, and
not underlines, and not drawn lines. So, I hate to say, but I think he's
SOL.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Can you figure out what he wants? I've tried and I'm just not sure.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
You only need to ask once.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"flamestar" wrote in message
I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap

around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go to

the
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I know

about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that act

like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Doug Robbins

Actually it is possible. Start with Excel and increase the width of a
column so that it's about a page width, Then select about 50 rows and apply
a border to the bottom of each row. Then Copy and use Paste Special to
paste it as a picture into a Word document. Then format the picture so
that it is behind the text. Now enter some text and then using
FormatPicture again, modify the height of the picture (unchecking the
maintain aspect ratio box) until the spacing of the lines corresponds to the
text line spacing.

Maybe I was just lucky, but changing the vertical height to 100% was spot
on. Maybe I was lucky again when I selected the Picture, used Cut and then
opened the Header and Footer pane and pasted the Picture into the header of
the document and once again the registration was spot on. That way, each
page of the document contained lines.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Yep. He wants REAL lines. Not the fake ones that come with using tables,
and
not underlines, and not drawn lines. So, I hate to say, but I think he's
SOL.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Can you figure out what he wants? I've tried and I'm just not sure.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
You only need to ask once.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"flamestar" wrote in message
I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap

around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I
know
about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that act
like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Jezebel

Lines of verse, perhaps?

(I would note that despite what people think of
the New York poetry scene, the crowds mix here quite a bit and continue to
do so, the real lines being present only in the minds of those who seem to
need them to get by.)

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Yep. He wants REAL lines. Not the fake ones that come with using tables,
and
not underlines, and not drawn lines. So, I hate to say, but I think he's
SOL.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Can you figure out what he wants? I've tried and I'm just not sure.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
You only need to ask once.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"flamestar" wrote in message
I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap

around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I
know
about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that act
like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Jezebel

Maybe I was just lucky, but changing the vertical height to 100% was spot
on. Maybe I was lucky again when I selected the Picture, used Cut and
then opened the Header and Footer pane and pasted the Picture into the
header of the document and once again the registration was spot on. That
way, each page of the document contained lines.

The Mr Spock ears might have something to do with it, too.

Anne Troy

Any time I've offered that solution (placing lines in the background), it
hasn't been well received, so I finally stopped offering it, LOL. But of
course, you're absolutely right.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Yep. He wants REAL lines. Not the fake ones that come with using tables,
and
not underlines, and not drawn lines. So, I hate to say, but I think he's
SOL.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Can you figure out what he wants? I've tried and I'm just not sure.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
You only need to ask once.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"flamestar" wrote in message
I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap

around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I
know
about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that

act
like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

What kind of lines would be real if the rest of them are "fake"? And to
someone like me, how can I tell the difference between a real one and a fake
one? Should I ask to see it's credentials?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Yep. He wants REAL lines. Not the fake ones that come with using tables,
and
not underlines, and not drawn lines. So, I hate to say, but I think he's
SOL.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Can you figure out what he wants? I've tried and I'm just not sure.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
You only need to ask once.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"flamestar" wrote in message
I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap

around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I
know
about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that act
like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Paul Ballou

Real Lines: Cruise Lines, Power Lines, Rail Lines, Maybe even Telephone
Lines
Fake Lines: __________________________________________________ _

How to determine if the line is fake just ask Are you a fake line? No
Response is a clear indication the line is fake but if you do get a
response then you either are spending to much time in front of the computer,
have an active imagination or need to go see a shrink.

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Life would be easier if we could view the source code

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Yep. He wants REAL lines. Not the fake ones that come with using tables,
and
not underlines, and not drawn lines. So, I hate to say, but I think he's
SOL.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Can you figure out what he wants? I've tried and I'm just not sure.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
You only need to ask once.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"flamestar" wrote in message
I want to create real lines in word. That is lines that don't rap

around.
Lines that when you come to the end of one line you automatically go
next line. I know all about using tables to make fixed lines and I
know
about
the automatic line function so please spare me. I want lines that
act
like
real lines.

Thanks.

Thanks.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Create? Yes, to a degree. Active imagination? Yes, at times. Spend too much
time in front of the computer? DEFINITELY!

(Perhaps if one was "doing lines", one would hear voices?)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Yep. He wants REAL lines. Not the fake ones that come with using tables,
and
not underlines, and not drawn lines. So, I hate to say, but I think he's
SOL.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
Can you figure out what he wants? I've tried and I'm just not sure.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anne Troy" wrote in message