kyle

Default Losing macros when in attachment and emailed

I downloaded a simple .dot template (mostly margin settings) from the
Internet, inserted some text, saved it in Word 2003 (Windows XP) as .doc and
emailed it as an attachment to another computer using Word 2000 and Windows
98. But the macros disappeared.

Anyone know why? I've looked at the previous posts macros and hope that
gurus like Mr. Kenyon etc. can help.

(I tried posting this morning but it didn't post so hopefully this won't be
a duplicate.)
--
kyle
Charles Kenyon

Hi Kyle,

Macros are stored in templates (normal.dot) by default. If you downloaded a
template and created a document based on the template, it would not have the
macros except when on your machine. When you open a template, you should
_not_ save it as a document, even if Word lets you do this.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

What are the macros for? What are you trying to accomplish with them?

You can put macros in a document but they are almost always defeated by
macro security settings that the recipient has in place.

You may want to look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...buteMacros.htm. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kyle Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.