Gladys

Default Forms toolbar won't stay on

I have a user who uses forms a lot.

She is using word 2003 and her forms toolbar will not stay on.

We can select view toolbars and select it for the "Word Session" only.

When we close word we have to follow the same steps to be able to use the
forms toolbar.

Any ideas why?
CyberTaz

Sounds to me like your distributing Word from an Applications Server rather
than installed on individual workstations. If that is the case, users cannot
make certain changes & some they can make are only in effect for the session
during which they make the change.

I don't know if an administrator can/will modify rights for that user or
workgroup, but if not I can suggest 2 alternatives (there may be more)-

1- Install Word on the user's system so the settings can be retained
2- Once the user starts the next Word session, leave it running 24/7 & just
Minimize when not actively using.

"Gladys" wrote:

I have a user who uses forms a lot.

She is using word 2003 and her forms toolbar will not stay on.

We can select view toolbars and select it for the "Word Session" only.

When we close word we have to follow the same steps to be able to use the
forms toolbar.

Any ideas why?

Graham Mayor

Add the following two macros to her copy of normal.dot and the forms toolbar
will be forced on for every document. If macros of thesed names already
exist, add the line of code to the existing macros.

Sub AutoNew()
CommandBars("Forms").Visible = True
End Sub

Sub AutoExec()