Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jauchart

Default Salvage corrupted Word document?

I have an MS Word document that is corrupted. When I try to print, for
example, pages 223-35, it starts printing with page 223, but then prints the
wrong direction: 222, 221, 220, 219, etc., all the way to page 1. When I
tried to print starting with page 235, it started with 216, and continued
downward. This happens only with this document, which is 235 pages long and
has 700 footnotes.
I've tried CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V into a new document, but that does not
help--it just brings the corruption with it. I'm using Word 2002 SP3 on
Windows XP Media Edition 2005, a 64-bit AMD chip and 2 GB of RAM.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First of all, if you're really typing "223-35," then you should be using
"223-235." Second, if the document contains more than one section, you may
need to include the section number. See the "Print specific pages and
sections" section of the "Print a document" Help topic.

"Jauchart" wrote in message
I have an MS Word document that is corrupted. When I try to print, for
example, pages 223-35, it starts printing with page 223, but then prints

the
wrong direction: 222, 221, 220, 219, etc., all the way to page 1. When I
tried to print starting with page 235, it started with 216, and continued
downward. This happens only with this document, which is 235 pages long

and
has 700 footnotes.
I've tried CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V into a new document, but that does not
help--it just brings the corruption with it. I'm using Word 2002 SP3 on
Windows XP Media Edition 2005, a 64-bit AMD chip and 2 GB of RAM.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jauchart

Suzanne,

Thanks. Typing "223-235" did the trick. Now I have a new problem--the pages
that print out do not correspond exactly with what appears on the screen.
That is, in order to get the text that is on p. 235 on the screen, I have to
print out 236 as well.

Any solution to this?

Thanks again,
Jauchart

"Jauchart" wrote in message
I have an MS Word document that is corrupted. When I try to print, for
example, pages 223-35, it starts printing with page 223, but then prints

the
wrong direction: 222, 221, 220, 219, etc., all the way to page 1. When I
tried to print starting with page 235, it started with 216, and continued
downward. This happens only with this document, which is 235 pages long

and
has 700 footnotes.
I've tried CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V into a new document, but that does not
help--it just brings the corruption with it. I'm using Word 2002 SP3 on
Windows XP Media Edition 2005, a 64-bit AMD chip and 2 GB of RAM.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Print Preview is the authority on what will print. If your document contains
any kind of hidden text (including TC or XE fields), pagination will change
when this text is hidden. Aside from that, I have had problems with
pagination when a manual page break preceded a style formatted as "Page
break before" (this is complicated by the fact that manual page breaks
acquire the style of the following paragraph) or when a manual page break
had been inserted after a TOC or List of Figures had been generated and had
gotten inside the bookmark for a heading.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

First of all, if you're really typing "223-35," then you should be using
"223-235." Second, if the document contains more than one section, you

may
need to include the section number. See the "Print specific pages and
sections" section of the "Print a document" Help topic.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.