Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Default Templates Problem

I cannot access my templates in Word 2002 (through Terminal Server) the
"usual" way. When I click on File, New, I see "New from template" under
"New Document" on the right side of the screen. But when I click on
"General Templates" absolutely nothing happens. No folder opens. No error
message. Nothing. (But "What's This?" tells me to click here to use my
templates) I checked File Locations to verify the location of the templates
and then I browsed to that location to confirm that, yes, my templates are
really in there. The other buttons there (Templates on Microsoft.com and
Templates on my Web Sites) seem to work, although the latter produces an
error message (lack of memory, which is odd considering that I don't have
any websites, but that is not the point). The folder location is set as
c:\Documents & Settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates, where
"myname" represents, well, my name on the system. I had recently changed
the location of the template folder to this spot; it had previously been
located on the network server which produced a minor technical glitch that I
fixed by relocating the folder. (I can provide those details if they are
pertinent)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know why you're getting this error, but I can suggest a possible way
around it. On the Commands tab of the Tools | Customize dialog, select the
All Commands category and scroll down to FileNewDialog. Drag that to a menu
or toolbar and use it to open the File New dialog directly (for more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm