Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bd1618

Default seperate columns

How do I get text to flow down the same column in a multi column page?
(so the left and right colulmns are seperate)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

That is what it does, flow down the left hand column and then down the
right.

If you want to enter text into both columns and keep that items in each
column together, use a table instead of columns created by using
FormatColumns.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bd1618" wrote in message
How do I get text to flow down the same column in a multi column page?
(so the left and right colulmns are seperate)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bd1618

What I am trying to do is make the columns independant of each other.

That is what it does, flow down the left hand column and then down the
right.

I am trying to make the left column flow down the left column only, and the
rigtht column only flow down the right.

I did use FormatColumns. as suggested, but cant seem to disconect them.
I am trying to but sidebars and graphics in the left column.

"bd1618" wrote in message
How do I get text to flow down the same column in a multi column page?
(so the left and right colulmns are seperate)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You're welcome.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Columns are not what you want. A table may or may not be what you want.
Possibly http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm is what you
want.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

That is what it does, flow down the left hand column and then down

the
right.

If you want to enter text into both columns and keep that items in

each
column together, use a table instead of columns created by using
FormatColumns.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my