Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TMKMadison

Default Footers - Continuous Sections - Page Breaks

I assemble documents using continuous sections, each of which has a unique
form number that follows the particular body of text within the document. I
include the form number in the text at the end of each section, but would
also like it to print as a footer over page breaks. I am not using headers.
When there are multiple sections on one page, I cannot find a way to have the
footer pull information from the last section on the page; it uses only the
first section. Appreciate any ideas on how to solve or better approach.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TMKMadison

Thanks Tim. I wasn't aware of that feature. Still haven't figured it out
though. If the last section on the page continues onto the next, the form
number following that text is not found first by the STYLEREF search. Seems
like the form number has to be on the same page as the footer.