Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sue Sue is offline

Default How do I sort the teime of day in a tabe?

I am trying to sort the first column of my table by time of day, a.m. and
p.m. but can't seem to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lakshmi Rajani Lakshmi Rajani is offline

Hi sue,

Here's the illustration -
Example 1

Table 1 Table 2
10:00AM

1:00 PM

8:30 AM

5:20 PM

4:50 AM

10:00AM

4:50 AM

8:30 AM

1:00 PM

5:20 PM

If we sort the table throught the tools, it will consider the first row as
header row and sort the column.

Else if we go thru' the Table - Sort....here we can get the option of
header row, so that we can include or exclude the header row in out sort.

Here's the example of sorting excluding header row.

Example 2

Table 3 Table 4

10:00AM

1:00 PM

8:30 AM

5:20 PM

4:50 AM

4:50 AM

8:30 AM

10:00AM

1:00 PM

5:20 PM

laks

"sue" wrote in message
I am trying to sort the first column of my table by time of day, a.m. and
p.m. but can't seem to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Have you tried sorting by date? This works for me. I end up with:

4:50 AM
4:50 AM
8:30 AM
8:30 AM