Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
araknd araknd is offline

Default What's the difference between Show Styles in Use and All Styles?

Is there a difference in these two in Word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

In the styles and formatting pane:

- "All styles" means "a certain collection of styles that Microsoft deemed
would be defined as 'all styles', although it does not include all the
styles in the document"

- "Styles in use" means "all styles that have ever been used in this
document or the template from which it was derived, even though the styles
may not currently be in use in the document".

There's more information at
How the Styles and Formatting pane works in Word 2002 and 2003
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"araknd" wrote in message
news
Is there a difference in these two in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
araknd araknd is offline

Shauna,

Thank you so much for the quick reply to a very simple question. I looked
every where that I could think of to find the answer. The client that asked
will be pleased.

Thank you again.