Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

Default Remove blank spaces at the beginning of table cells.

Using Word 2002 with all updates in place.

I've received a very long table from a customer in which there are one or
more blank spaces before the first word in many of the cells. In a document
I can get rid of these by replacing /^p / with /^p/ but there's no "^p" at
the beginning of cell entries. How can I get rid of these spaces easily?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The easiest way to get rid of those spaces is to select the table,
press Ctrl+E (which sets the horizontal alignment to centered) and
then press Ctrl+L again (to restore left alignment).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Opinicus" wrote in message ...
Using Word 2002 with all updates in place.

I've received a very long table from a customer in which there are

one or
more blank spaces before the first word in many of the cells. In a

document
I can get rid of these by replacing /^p / with /^p/ but there's no

"^p" at
the beginning of cell entries. How can I get rid of these spaces

easily?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message

The easiest way to get rid of those spaces is to select the table,
press Ctrl+E (which sets the horizontal alignment to centered) and
then press Ctrl+L again (to restore left alignment).

I've received a very long table from a customer in which there are

one or
more blank spaces before the first word in many of the cells.

Sonovagun... I worked! It also seems to have gotten rid of the blank spaces
at the ends of the cells too.

Many thanks for that tip, Stefan.

--
Bob