Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
landman landman is offline

Default Substitute for Letter Wizard

Is there a "simple" solution to the old Letter Wizard. I need something that
allows me to type letters using the Address book. The templates that I have
previewed do not allow me to insert the information from the Address book.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word are you using?

You can always add the Address Book tool to a toolbar (or to the Quick
Access Toolbar, if you're talking about Word 2007), which would then
liberate you to use whatever letter template you want.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Landman" wrote in message
Is there a "simple" solution to the old Letter Wizard. I need something
that
allows me to type letters using the Address book. The templates that I
have
previewed do not allow me to insert the information from the Address book.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
landman landman is offline

2007, and I am very disappointed! Microsoft's answer is to use mail merge,
which is not as fast nor convenient, plus a template has to be constructed.
Why they took the ability out of Outlook to send letters is beyond me, but
then again I'm just a consumer.

"Landman" wrote:

Is there a "simple" solution to the old Letter Wizard. I need something that
allows me to type letters using the Address book. The templates that I have
previewed do not allow me to insert the information from the Address book.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yep--Microsoft really dropped the ball on that one. To heck with Mail Merge.
Sensing that you might be using Word 2007, that's why I suggested that you
add the address book to the Quick Access Toolbar.

Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar, and choose Customize Quick Access
Toolbar. Set Choose commands from: to Commands Not in the Ribbon. About
halfway down the first page of A commands, locate Address Book... Click on
it, and click Add. If you dont like where it is, you can use the Up and/or
Down buttons to move it.

Once you have this on your QAT, it doesn't really matter which letter
template you use.

BTW... if you still have your old Word's templates, the letter wizard from
earlier versions still works fine in Word 2007. I copied all of mine when I
upgraded my computer, so I still have that "library" to choose from when I'm
in a hurry and don't want to spend a lot of time looking online for what I
need.

Good luck...

--

"Landman" wrote:

Is there a "simple" solution to the old Letter Wizard. I need something
that
allows me to type letters using the Address book. The templates that I
have
previewed do not allow me to insert the information from the Address
book.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I suspect that the method shown at http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm
will also still work.

"Landman" wrote:

Is there a "simple" solution to the old Letter Wizard. I need
something that
allows me to type letters using the Address book. The templates
that I have
previewed do not allow me to insert the information from the Address
book.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
God bless Haiti God bless Haiti is offline

Thanks- this was very helpful

"Landman" wrote:

Is there a "simple" solution to the old Letter Wizard. I need something
that
allows me to type letters using the Address book. The templates that I
have
previewed do not allow me to insert the information from the Address
book.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Letter Wizard Tanya Microsoft Word Help 1 June 2nd 06 05:24 PM
Letter Wizard Daan Microsoft Word Help 2 January 24th 06 06:40 AM
letter wizard gone Trying to Learn the hard way Microsoft Word Help 2 July 15th 05 09:15 AM
Letter Wizard Dave Microsoft Word Help 1 June 6th 05 05:12 PM
Letter Wizard Tracym Microsoft Word Help 1 December 4th 04 03:58 PM