Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Confused123 Confused123 is offline

Default How do I get my page numbers to be continuous when using sections?

I have an 89-page document. The first page is First Page Section 1. Pages 2
thru 27 are Section 2. The footer on pages 2-27 says "footer section 2". My
trouble starts on page 28. On page 28 I have 6 continuous section breaks and
my footer says "footer section 9". The page number for this footer says page
2 of 89. I want it to be page 28 of 89. Subsequent pages say "page 2 of 89"
as they also have continuous section breaks in them. I've tried "same as
previous" and removing "same as previous". I've tried "insertpage
numberformatcontinue from previous section". I've also tried "insert a
field code" and update field code. Nothing works. Page 28 displays as page 2.
I noticed that on page 29 (which also displays as page 2) that the footer is
called "footer section 26" so I assume my problem has to do with the section
formatting. Any thoughts or solutions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unless there is a Next Page Section break that causes the transition from
Page 27 to page 28, the header and footer for Page 28 should be the header
and footer from Section 2. The fact that the footer pane on page 28 and
that on page 29 are not showing the correct secction reference makes me
think that the document has become corrupted in some way.

Is there a particular reason for all of the Continuous Section Breaks?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP