Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alisonm alisonm is offline

Default styles in use won't show

In the styles and format task pane, I have "styles in use" selected. When I
try to highlight all instances of a given style, "style not in use" appears,
even though I know the style is in use in the document. (I have tried opening
a blank document, typing in some text and applying a style; result is the
same.) How do I get the program to tell me how many instances there are of a
chosen style and let me highlight them?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are misinterpreting what you're seeing: What the task pane actually says
is "Select All: Not Currently Used." It doesn't mean that the *style* isn't
in use, just the Select All feature, which is not available unless you have
"Keep track of formatting" checked on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

"alisonm" wrote in message
In the styles and format task pane, I have "styles in use" selected. When

try to highlight all instances of a given style, "style not in use"

appears,
even though I know the style is in use in the document. (I have tried

opening
a blank document, typing in some text and applying a style; result is the
same.) How do I get the program to tell me how many instances there are of

chosen style and let me highlight them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alisonm alisonm is offline

Thank you! I've run into this before and solved it--I thought through
options--but I couldn't for the life of me bring up what I did. Ah, those
little check marks...

Show Styles Bev Microsoft Word Help 1 August 8th 07 03:19 AM
Custom show styles Phippsy Microsoft Word Help 3 July 17th 07 06:42 PM
What's the difference between Show Styles in Use and All Styles? araknd Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 07 02:38 PM
Layers, or show certain styles termiflyer Microsoft Word Help 1 September 1st 05 02:20 AM
Layers, or show certain styles termiflyer Page Layout 1 September 1st 05 02:20 AM