tmb

Default How to Draw Lines around each page ?

We want each page to have a frame around it.

1 - How can we do this in Word?
2 - We may want a break in the frame at the top with the subject there...
like this

| |
| bla bla bla |
| bla bla bla |
| bla bla bla |
------------------

thanks for any help.

Jay Freedman

If you just want a line (or one of the fancier borders), click Format
Borders & Shading Page Border.

That method can't be used if you need to insert text within the border. For
that, you'll have to create a picture of the border in a graphic file, and
insert it in the Word document and format it as "behind text"; or use the
tools on the Drawing toolbar to fake a border. You'll have to do this after
all editing is complete.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"tmb" wrote:

We want each page to have a frame around it.

1 - How can we do this in Word?
2 - We may want a break in the frame at the top with the subject there...
like this

| |
| bla bla bla |
| bla bla bla |
| bla bla bla |

thanks for any help.

Actually, I found that a text box (anchored either to the page or to the
header) can be placed in front of a page border to interrupt it. You'll need
to clear the Page Border Options check box for "Always display in front."
This would be a finicking thing to maintain, though.