Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sc2144 sc2144 is offline

Default Finding symbols in Word for suits of playing cards

Where can I find the symbols in Word for the suits of a deck of cards. ie -
the spade symbol, the diamond symbol, the club symbol, and heart symbol.
I've looked in Insert-Symbol, but thery are not there. Any help would be
greatly appreciated
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Finding symbols in Word for suits of playing cards

  1. Open a web browser and navigate to a website that has the symbols you need. One such website is https://www.alt-codes.net/card-suits.
  2. Find the symbol you want to use and copy it to your clipboard. You can do this by highlighting the symbol and pressing Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
  3. Return to your Word document and place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  4. Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the symbol into your document.
  5. If the symbol appears too small or too large, you can adjust its size by selecting it and then using the Font Size dropdown in the Home tab of the ribbon.
  6. Repeat these steps for each symbol you need.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

The Symbol font contains all four of them.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"sc2144" wrote in message
Where can I find the symbols in Word for the suits of a deck of cards.
ie -
the spade symbol, the diamond symbol, the club symbol, and heart symbol.
I've looked in Insert-Symbol, but thery are not there. Any help would be
greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Try changing your font to Symbol. I found all four of them starting at
character code 167.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"sc2144" wrote in message
:

Where can I find the symbols in Word for the suits of a deck of cards. ie -
the spade symbol, the diamond symbol, the club symbol, and heart symbol.
I've looked in Insert-Symbol, but thery are not there. Any help would be
greatly appreciated

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/10/2007 2:51 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As JoAnn and Dawn have pointed out, they're in the Symbol font, but you can
also find them at characters 2660, 2663, 2665, and 2666 (in the
Miscellaneous Dingbats character subset) of Times New Roman and many of the
other fonts supplied with Office/Word.