Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TonyG TonyG is offline

Default If 2 columns = 2 pages - how do I number them?

I want to produce a booklet and am using two columns per landscape page.
Standard page numbering obviously doesn't do the job.....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Two columns on a landscape page is just about the hardest way to make a
booklet.

What version of Word? in recent versions, you can use the Bookfold setting.

For a short booklet, you can create it as usual and then print 2 pages
per sheet and manually set the order when printing.

See here for mo
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...etPrinting.htm

TonyG wrote:
I want to produce a booklet and am using two columns per landscape page.
Standard page numbering obviously doesn't do the job.....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And even Word 2000 will do "2 pages per sheet" (in the Page Setup dialog,
not the Print dialog), which accomplishes just what the OP is asking for
(even if it's not the best way to create a booklet).

TonyG wrote:
I want to produce a booklet and am using two columns per landscape page.
Standard page numbering obviously doesn't do the job.....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TonyG TonyG is offline

"TonyG" wrote:

I want to produce a booklet and am using two columns per landscape page.
Standard page numbering obviously doesn't do the job.....

Thank you for this.
I'm using the latest version of 'Word' on 'Vista'
I don;t want camera-ready artwork....
The booklet will be printed from a CD
I'd really like to see it on the screen as it will be printed

Regards

TonyG
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Then you want "2 pages per sheet" in the Page Setup dialog. Or, if you just
want to see the booklet result (that is, the end-result facing pages rather
than the actual printed facing pages), you can still use "Book fold." You
can see facing pages in Print Preview if you (a) display two pages and (b)
have either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even" enabled ("Mirror
margins" is enabled by default for "Book fold," but be aware that there's a
bug that reverses Inside and Outside).

"TonyG" wrote in message

"TonyG" wrote:

I want to produce a booklet and am using two columns per landscape page.
Standard page numbering obviously doesn't do the job.....

Thank you for this.
I'm using the latest version of 'Word' on 'Vista'
I don;t want camera-ready artwork....
The booklet will be printed from a CD
I'd really like to see it on the screen as it will be printed

Regards

TonyG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TonyG TonyG is offline

"TonyG" wrote:

I want to produce a booklet and am using two columns per landscape page.
Standard page numbering obviously doesn't do the job.....

Excellent!

Thank you very much