Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

Default Macro question

I'm using Word 2000. I would like to do in Word what I can so easily do in
Excel. In Excel on the Forms toolbar I click on "Button" and a button
appears on the spreadsheet and up pops the "Assign Macro" box. I assign it a
macro that I've already created. Why isn't it that simple in Word? Or am I
missing something? Can someone tell me how to insert a button in a Word file
and assign it a macro that I've created, that when you click the button the
macro will run, and that will be able to whoever I e-mail the document to?
Thank you. Connie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Connie Martin wrote:
I'm using Word 2000. I would like to do in Word what I can so easily
do in Excel. In Excel on the Forms toolbar I click on "Button" and a
button appears on the spreadsheet and up pops the "Assign Macro" box.
I assign it a macro that I've already created. Why isn't it that
simple in Word? Or am I missing something? Can someone tell me how
to insert a button in a Word file and assign it a macro that I've
created, that when you click the button the macro will run, and that
will be able to whoever I e-mail the document to? Thank you. Connie

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...roToButton.htm.

You should be aware that if you store a macro in a document and mail it to
another user, opening that document will display a message box asking
whether to disable or enable macros. As the originator of the document, you
have no control over what the recipient does with that message box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

Thank you, Jay. That was simple enough. Not as nice as Excel works but
okay. I was not able to customize the borders because as soon as I choose a
light line for the top border it puts a light line on all four sides.
Three-dimentional will not work either. Don't know why, but I guess I'll
have to take it the way it is. It doesn't look like a button, but the words
are there to double-click. It's a mystery to me why it couldn't be done as
simple and nice as Excel does it. It's simple to create and it automatically
looks like a button. Connie

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Connie Martin wrote:
[...]

macro in template question Kim K Microsoft Word Help 1 January 23rd 08 06:52 AM
Macro question [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 September 17th 06 02:49 PM
Macro question TBoe Microsoft Word Help 4 April 13th 06 07:07 PM
Macro Question Tom Grassi New Users 2 September 15th 05 05:42 PM
A Question for all of you Macro Gurus Glenn Mailmerge 7 August 27th 05 03:19 PM