Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Daniel[_2_] Daniel[_2_] is offline

Default Data Source / Address Block Question

Hello,

I created a merge doc which gets it data source from a text file generated
from another app.

In the body of the document I inserted an address block and formatted itthe
way I need it. I then noticed that although I had specified to include the
Postal code, it was not appearing. I then figured out that it wasn't
matching up my column headings from the data source with that of the Postal
Code field for the merge. So I manually matched up the info and save the
template. After that the merge worked perfectly.

However, whenever I run the merge I always have the re-match the fields.
Why isn't it saving the match that I setup? How can I get it to save the
association?

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Don't use the AddressBlock field. Just insert the merge fields that you
want into the mail merge main document in the configuration that you want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.