Jenny

Default Date mail merge from Excel to Word

I'm trying to do date labels for files(for everyday of the year). I auto
fill all the dates in a column in excel, but I can't get them over to Word.
When I'm going thru the mail merge wizard they show up in the mm/dd/yy format
at first, then on the next step it changes to next record And by the time
I finish the wizard it goes back to blank files. Could somebody give me some
good instructions. Also I need the date to display in the Monday July 18,
2005 format. I'm doing this for work and we dont want to type everyday out
manually, so thanks so much!!
Anne Troy

Check this, Jen:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
You'll want to follow those instructions and use a format like { mergefield
"date" \@ "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy" }
Also, I don't know why you see "next record", because that's a merge field.
Are you actually doing the merge or just previewing the merge? We need to
know what version you're using, too, because mail merge changed sooo much.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com