Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Default why indent change in style

I have a file that needs some bullet color changes in some uniquely named
styles. Since these files are destined for W97 users, I opened the file in
W97, went to change the 1st bullet list style, and while I got the bullet
color I wanted, the indent of the style changed too. I closed the file
without saving. I opened the file in W2003 and repeated the bullet color
change in this same style. The indentation did NOT occur in this case.

Can someone tell me why W97 changed indents but W2003 did not?