Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
gg_gustyfur gg_gustyfur is offline

Default How do you type in a different column?

I set up two columns in Word, and I typed things in the 1st column, but I
can't get my blinker in the second column to type.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ingColumns.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:12:00 -0800, gg_gustyfur
wrote:

I set up two columns in Word, and I typed things in the 1st column, but I
can't get my blinker in the second column to type.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Columns are not like tables. The text flows from column to column, so you
can't type into column 2 until column 1 is full. If you want side-by-side
text, use a table instead.

"gg_gustyfur" wrote in message
I set up two columns in Word, and I typed things in the 1st column, but I
can't get my blinker in the second column to type.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robert is offline

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:12:00 -0800, gg_gustyfur wrote:

I set up two columns in Word, and I typed things in the 1st column, but I
can't get my blinker in the second column to type.

Insert a column break. This'll close the current column and you'll be able
to type in the next column.
--
Cheers
Robert