Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tritechits tritechits is offline

Default unable to extend a table or page pass a certain length

I am trying to create a email newsletter in MS Word 2007 web view, which
means there is no page break. When I get to a certain lenth on the page, I
am no longer able to extend my tables pass that area. My question, is there
a page size limit when creating word docs such as a web page or html
newsletter that prevents me from going pass a certain length? If not, can you
suggest what I need to do to get pass this lenth restriction on the document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I don't know if there is a limit, but out of curiosity I just ran a web page
the equivalent of 16 - 8.5x11 sheets of paper with no problem. I can't
conceive of a single web page anywhere near that length - users typically
will *not* contend with a page that lengthy. If you need to publish that
much material it would be better to use a web design program - even MS
Publisher will generate multi-page webs & isn't a difficult program to use.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/19/07 4:37 PM, in article
, "tritechits"
wrote:

I am trying to create a email newsletter in MS Word 2007 web view, which
means there is no page break. When I get to a certain lenth on the page, I
am no longer able to extend my tables pass that area. My question, is there
a page size limit when creating word docs such as a web page or html
newsletter that prevents me from going pass a certain length? If not, can you
suggest what I need to do to get pass this lenth restriction on the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tritechits tritechits is offline

Thanks for your response. I seem to have found the answer from other posts,
in that their appears to be a page height limitation of 22" in all MS Word
versions including MS Word 2007. However, I was able to get around the 22"
limit by using Outlook 2007 email message template, which now includes the
same formatting and design features as MS Word 2007, but does not restrict me
to the 22" height limit.

wrote:

I am trying to create a email newsletter in MS Word 2007 web view, which
means there is no page break. When I get to a certain lenth on the page, I
am no longer able to extend my tables pass that area. My question, is there
a page size limit when creating word docs such as a web page or html
newsletter that prevents me from going pass a certain length? If not, can you
suggest what I need to do to get pass this lenth restriction on the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

A Web page has no length limit. The "paper size" you set for a document in
Word is irrelevant for a file to be saved in HTML. What you might also run
into is that a *wrapped* table in Word 2000 and earlier cannot exceed one
page (and multi-page wrapped tables in Word 2002 and 2003 are not
backward-compatible), but again, this should be irrelevant to a Web page.