Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marygrace~

Default Mail Merge, margins won't go to what I want except on 1st 2 pages.

Hi,

I am using QuickBooks to send out a letter announcing our new address and
telephone numbers. It goes into Word.

I can get the 1st 2 pages to use the margins I want. I use the Main
Document Type tool bar to choose it. I chose letters and the first two pages
does what I want, but the other pages won't. I tried using the page set up
for the whole document and then the option from this point forward and
neither work.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks for any help you can give me! I am really puzzled by this one!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to set up the mail merge main document the way you want each letter
to be formatted (see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm);
this will determine how each merged letter looks. A letter-type merge
inserts a section break between letters, so choices you make in Page Setup
are, by default, for a given section.

"Marygrace~" wrote in message
Hi,

I am using QuickBooks to send out a letter announcing our new address and
telephone numbers. It goes into Word.

I can get the 1st 2 pages to use the margins I want. I use the Main
Document Type tool bar to choose it. I chose letters and the first two

pages
does what I want, but the other pages won't. I tried using the page set

up
for the whole document and then the option from this point forward and
neither work.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks for any help you can give me! I am really puzzled by this one!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marygrace~

Default Mail Merge, margins won't go to what I want except on 1st 2 pa

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for that response. Learned some great things from your post! I
printed it all out and read it. I tried putting in my own header, but
QuickBooks seemed to reject that. Will try some other work arounds that you
suggested though in your training info. You really have some great ideas in
there I will use for other things I commonly use. Thanks for doing this, it
will help me immensely.

Will let you know how this works out!

"Marygrace~" wrote in message
Hi,

I am using QuickBooks to send out a letter announcing our new address and
telephone numbers. It goes into Word.

I can get the 1st 2 pages to use the margins I want. I use the Main
Document Type tool bar to choose it. I chose letters and the first two

pages
does what I want, but the other pages won't. I tried using the page set

up
for the whole document and then the option from this point forward and
neither work.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks for any help you can give me! I am really puzzled by this one!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I was afraid that QuickBooks might be the fly in the ointment here. If it's
possible to import the data from QuickBooks into a Word table of some sort,
then you can use that as a mail merge data source and proceed with mail
merge from there; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to set up the mail merge main document the way you want each

letter
to be formatted (see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm);
this will determine how each merged letter looks. A letter-type merge
inserts a section break between letters, so choices you make in Page

Setup
are, by default, for a given section.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.