mbiber

Default merge data from excel to word

When I go to merge information from a file in Excel (with three spreadsheets)
it comes up as a blank sheet even though it is full of information. This
makes it seem useless to have the Excel file if it won't merge into a
document for my purposes.
Thanks!
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Make sure that you spreadsheet complies with the information in the the
article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Also check for the "Gotchas" detailed there.

Data from an Excel spreadsheet can definitely be merged into a Word document
if everything is the way it needs to be.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"mbiber" wrote in message
When I go to merge information from a file in Excel (with three
spreadsheets)
it comes up as a blank sheet even though it is full of information. This
makes it seem useless to have the Excel file if it won't merge into a
document for my purposes.
Thanks!

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you are using XP or 2003, in Word, from the Tools menu, select Options
and then go to the General tab and check the box against Confirm conversions
and open. When you attach the spreadsheet, you will then get a number of
options for the way in which the connection should be made. The DDE option
may overcome your problem.