Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default Numbered Heading Rpt not picking up ES- in TOC

For a numbered heading report with ES section styled as Heading 1, I want the
page numbering on the ES to be ES-1, etc. But in the Toc , which is pulling
in the corrrect headings for the ES section, it only automatically picks up
the 1, 2, 3 etc.
So I manually add the ES. Problem is, of course, when the doc is updated,
that is not. and we must add back manually. How to fix?
--
Janet A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, you can have page numbers (even in the TOC) automatically include the
outline numbers of a particular heading level; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm. However, as far as I
can tell, this feature wouldn't do what you are asking for. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP