Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shieldave Shieldave is offline

Default page number show 0 and will not update

I have inserted the page x of y into my three page document but the x
function shows 0 and will not update. the y function work fine. I also tried
just the page number but it also shows 0 and will not update. What do I need
to do to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See if this describes your situation:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumber0.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 07:33:01 -0700, Shieldave
wrote:

I have inserted the page x of y into my three page document but the x
function shows 0 and will not update. the y function work fine. I also tried
just the page number but it also shows 0 and will not update. What do I need
to do to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shieldave Shieldave is offline

Thank you Jay, that was exactly my problem, there was qa floating picture
inthe Header on tht page. I have corrected the problem as instructed. Again
Thank you for your wisdom and help.