Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GregMiddleton GregMiddleton is offline

Default Word 07 Insert Object and Multiple Pages

In Word 2007, the Insert File is gone. The help says to use the Insert
Object functionality. So when I do this to insert another Word document, i
run into the problem where it only displays the first page of the added
document.

What am I missing to get around this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click on the arrow next to the Object item in the Text section of the Insert
Ribbon and you will see a Text from File item which is the one to use.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GregMiddleton" wrote in message
In Word 2007, the Insert File is gone. The help says to use the Insert
Object functionality. So when I do this to insert another Word document,
run into the problem where it only displays the first page of the added
document.

What am I missing to get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GregMiddleton GregMiddleton is offline

If you do that then you lose all formatting that was performed in the Source
document, so it doesn't really work.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Click on the arrow next to the Object item in the Text section of the Insert
Ribbon and you will see a Text from File item which is the one to use.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GregMiddleton" wrote in message
In Word 2007, the Insert File is gone. The help says to use the Insert
Object functionality. So when I do this to insert another Word document,
run into the problem where it only displays the first page of the added
document.

What am I missing to get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GregMiddleton GregMiddleton is offline

I'll concede that, so maybe I'm asking the wrong question
1) Can you Insert Object and get multiple pages? Which then maintains the
original object formatting?
2) Or two, merge documents and maintain the styles that were in each
document. I'm specifically trying to make sure that some numbered
requirements in each document maintain their numbers.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Click on the arrow next to the Object item in the Text section of the
Insert
Ribbon and you will see a Text from File item which is the one to use.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GregMiddleton" wrote in
message
In Word 2007, the Insert File is gone. The help says to use the Insert
Object functionality. So when I do this to insert another Word
document,
run into the problem where it only displays the first page of the added
document.

What am I missing to get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could try the trial of SnagIt www.techsmith.com and use its 'printer'
driver to
print the document that you want to insert to multi-page graphics and insert
those graphics?