Holden

Default Text from Properties Summary tab to heading in Word document

In the Summary tab of the Properties dialog window I would like have the text
from the Title & Subject fields when it is typed in, automatically put into a
Word document in a specific place (could be a heading). I set the Word
template to prompt for the Properties window on saving as we need to make
this information is always entered.

This can already be done using a Visio template (for flow charting) but I
cannot figure out how to do it in Word and did not set up the Visio template.

Jezebel

Use DocProperty fields. That's precisely what they are for. For some of the
Summary tab fields (Title, Subject, at least) there are also built-in
fields; however there is a bug in W2000 that can cause these to display
wrongly.