Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Default Lorem ipsum spell check

I have added Lorem ipsum to my Auto Text Gallery. Is there a way to turn off
the spell checker for just this text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Using Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium

"Mecalith" wrote:

I have added Lorem ipsum to my Auto Text Gallery. Is there a way to turn off
the spell checker for just this text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Before you create the AutoText entry, select all the text and format it as
"Do not check spelling or grammar."

"Mecalith" wrote in message
I have added Lorem ipsum to my Auto Text Gallery. Is there a way to turn
off
the spell checker for just this text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Thank you:
Things are easier to find when you know that they are there. I finally
found the format option in (Review Proofing: Set Language).

"Mecalith" wrote in message
I have added Lorem ipsum to my Auto Text Gallery. Is there a way to turn
off
the spell checker for just this text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Actually... it's generally easier to use the Language tool on the status
bar. Right-click the status bar (bottom of the Word window), and if Language
is checked, you're good to go... if not, click to check it.

Then, when you want to implement Suzanne's suggestion, select the text,
click your language on the status bar, and click Do not check... in the
Language dialog box.

If you need this a lot, a good long term strategy is to create a new No
Proofing character style that has "Do not check..." as part of its style
definition (making sure that you save this new style into Normal.dotm so
it's available thereafter when creating new documents). Then, anytime you
want to inoculate text against proofing, select the text and apply that
style.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible