Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AtreX AtreX is offline

Default Relative Hyperlinks?

Hi!
I've got a bit of a problem with relative hyperlinks in a worddocument I'm
working with..
I'm creating a "project navigator" (not sure bout the translation, but
something like that) which is supposed to contain links to other documents
(mostly forms and stuff..) .
The map-structure looks like this:
"headmap" contains:
Projectnavigator.doc
"Forms/" (a map)
and in "Forms/" you find the forms that the project navigator should have
hyperlinks to.
The hyperlinks are supposed to work even if you move the headmap to
somewhere else, which made me think of relative hyperlinks. Fair enough word
makes the links relative if you use the "Import hyperlink guide" or what one
might call it (when u click in a mapstructure on the file you want to
hyperlink to).
Now, comming this far I try the hyperlinks in the original directory, and
success is a fact. But, when I move the headmap to a diffrent directory (like
one of the places it's supposed to be in in the end) ONE of the links just
refuses to work, all of the others works out perfectly fine, but one of the
just wont work.
My simple question is if you might know why this little fellow refuses to
co-operate with me, cuz I'm soon going nuts here
Best regards
//Emil

Relative Hyperlinks Quin New Users 14 July 18th 06 04:20 AM
Copying Relative Hyperlinks Lee Weinreich Microsoft Word Help 2 May 2nd 06 12:21 AM
Relative Hyperlinks Lee Weinreich Microsoft Word Help 2 May 2nd 06 12:16 AM
relative hyperlinks Sean Microsoft Word Help 3 December 3rd 04 06:42 PM
relative hyperlinks Sean Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 06:49 PM