DWH

Default How do I renumber a database (w/hidden rows) to make it sequencial

I am doing a mailing using Word linked to an Excel database. I have edited
the database to include only the rows with appropriate addresses (hiding the
balance). The database will print every record (including those which are
hidden). I want to create a subset of the entire database, renumber it so it
is sequencial and print the letters using addresses only in the subset.
Peter Jamieson

If I were doing this, I would try something like:
a. add a column called "sequence" to my Excel sheet
b. enter a 0 for records I did not want and a sequence number for the ones
I did want
c. in Word mailmerge, use the filter/sort options to select the records
where sequence 0, and sort them on the sequence item.

Peter Jamieson