Beerman

Default Emailing portions of a document

I would like to be able to send certain pages (but not the entire document)
of an Word document (I have version 2003) to my employees via email, but I
don't know the best way to do this. I have tried to cut and paste certain
pages to a new document, but I find it next to impossible to precisely select
the exact pages that I wish to move with the mouse. As an example, out of a
43 page document, I might have to email John Doe pages 1-10, 14, 18, and
25-31. Jane Roe might need pages 11-13, 19, and 32-35. My goal is to only
email what each person needs.

Any ideas, even if its a method to select text by page, rather than dragging
with the mouse?

TIA.
Daiya Mitchell

Well, instead of dragging to select, you can put the cursor at the
beginning, scroll to where you want the end to be, then hold down shift as
you click, and it will select everything between the two cursor positions.
That's usually easier when selecting big areas.

Alternatively, doing a Save As and deleting the stuff you don't want might
be easier.

If Word sees some sort of logical structure to the pages you are sending
people (e.g., sending John Sections 1.3 and 1.4, Jane Sections 1.3 and 1.5),
Outline View might make either approach *really* easy.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingOLView.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/