Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ariana ariana is offline

Default Toolbar in Word 2007

I have just downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 and thought I would
start by looking at Word 2007. It looks very interesting but I am wondering
about my customized toolbar which I use in Word 2003. I have buttons for my
most used tasks, e.g. a button for Open Document in XXX.dot, plus many other
features I used a lot.
Can I import this?

I also notice that there are many buttons shown in Word 2007 which I never
use as I use keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctl+B for bold). Can I customize this
too?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ariana ariana is offline

Hi Graham

I have followed the instructions re Regedit on
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
but when I open Word 2003, I get "Preparing to install...." and then Word
2003 opens very slowly. If I close it and try to open Word 2007, I get
"Please wait while Set up..." and "Configuring Office Professional 2007
Trial"
Do you think the problem is because I only have the Trial version so far?

BTW, the new toolbar works fine in Word 2007.

ariana wrote:
I have just downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 and thought I
would start by looking at Word 2007. It looks very interesting but I
am wondering about my customized toolbar which I use in Word 2003. I
have buttons for my most used tasks, e.g. a button for Open Document
in XXX.dot, plus many other features I used a lot.
Can I import this?

I also notice that there are many buttons shown in Word 2007 which I
never use as I use keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctl+B for bold). Can I
customize this too?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you get 'preparing to install' when you run Word 2003 after Word 2007
then you have not completed the registry changes correctly. The registry
change prevents Word from reconfiguring. You need to run the version you
want as the default version allow it to reconfigure, close then apply the
registry change to the other. Recheck the steps listed on the web page and
make sure you have spelling and location correct.

The trial version is exactly the same as the full version except that it is
time limited.

ariana wrote:
I have just downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 and thought I
would start by looking at Word 2007. It looks very interesting but I
am wondering about my customized toolbar which I use in Word 2003. I
have buttons for my most used tasks, e.g. a button for Open Document
in XXX.dot, plus many other features I used a lot.
Can I import this?

I also notice that there are many buttons shown in Word 2007 which I
never use as I use keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctl+B for bold). Can I
customize this too?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ariana ariana is offline

Oh dear - a senior moment. I had only typed Noreg instead of Norereg in the
registry!
Thanks for your help, Graham.

ariana wrote:
I have just downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 and thought I
would start by looking at Word 2007. It looks very interesting but I
am wondering about my customized toolbar which I use in Word 2003. I
have buttons for my most used tasks, e.g. a button for Open Document
in XXX.dot, plus many other features I used a lot.
Can I import this?

I also notice that there are many buttons shown in Word 2007 which I
never use as I use keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctl+B for bold). Can I
customize this too?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are welcome

Two characters can make a world of difference when messing with the
registry - be very careful