FCS

Default RevNum question

Please read the message I posted from the bottom.

I answered this message but did not get any response. Please help.

My problem is that I saved a document as HTML and if I add the RevNum field
outside the header/footer, it will not increase the number everytime I make
any change. Please tell me another way to do it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Field | RevNum anywhere.

"FCS" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to add a revision number field in my html document but as far
as I know the only way I can insert a RevNum field is in the header or

footer
area.

Please advise any other way to insert the field and make it work without
using the header/footer area.

Thanks,

Expand AllCollapse All

Please don't start a new thread. Your previous reply has been answered.
These newsgroups are for volunteer peer support. You should not expect an
answer immediately; readers are spread all over the world, and we have to
sleep sometime! We also have jobs and lives that prevent our living in the
NGs 24/7. It may take up to 24 hours to get a reply.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Field | RevNum anywhere.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"FCS" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to add a revision number field in my html document but as

far
as I know the only way I can insert a RevNum field is in the header or

footer
area.

Please advise any other way to insert the field and make it work

without
using the header/footer area.

Thanks,

Expand AllCollapse All

Line Spacing Question Peyton Todd Microsoft Word Help 10 February 3rd 05 05:25 PM
use a 'question mark cursor' to get help me Microsoft Word Help 1 January 17th 05 12:32 AM
Newbie document question please Dudley Henriques New Users 4 January 9th 05 08:38 PM
Font question? SJH Microsoft Word Help 4 January 6th 05 10:54 AM
Yet another DDE question! Sheila D Mailmerge 2 December 22nd 04 11:35 AM