Repurr

Default stopping a space at top of new page after page break

Every time I insert a page break, a default space appers directly after the
page break which cannot be removed. Does anyone know how this space (which
appears to be a default of the page break) can be removed?
--
Regards

Repurr

Repurr

Thank you for the explanation. The issue I am unable to resolve is that I
want to put a table at the very top of the page directly underneath the page
header, with a manual page break it appears I cannot do this, without the
pesky empty paragraph! I would welcome further ideas on this.

"Repurr" wrote in message
Every time I insert a page break, a default space appers directly after

the
page break which cannot be removed. Does anyone know how this space (which
appears to be a default of the page break) can be removed?
--
Regards

Repurr

CyberTaz

Similar response to Susan's elsewhere due to double posting of topic, but all
you need to do is go ahead and insert the table... just about everything in
Word gets inserted at a para marker. That marker will then move down on the
page so you can continue to type text, etc. There is *always* a para marker
at the end of a Word doc.

HTH |:)

"Repurr" wrote in message
Every time I insert a page break, a default space appers directly after

the
page break which cannot be removed. Does anyone know how this space (which
appears to be a default of the page break) can be removed?
--
Regards

Repurr

Repurr

Thanks for the response. What I am trying to achieve (which I apologise for
not making clear) is to insert a table directly after (with no para
marker/line space) a header so they appear when printed to immediately follow
each other. I can only achieve it currently by removing the page break and
managing the position with para markers from previous page. This is what I am
keen to solve, as this moves when doucments are e-mailed. Any ideas would be
most welcome and apologies for the confusion of a) the explanation and b)the
double posting.

"Repurr" wrote in message
Every time I insert a page break, a default space appers directly after
the
page break which cannot be removed. Does anyone know how this space (which
appears to be a default of the page break) can be removed?
--
Regards

Repurr

While it is true that you can't do this with a manual page break, it is
(fortunately) doable. Just delete the page break and format the first row of
your table (or any paragraph in that row) as "Page break before" on the Line
and Page Breaks tab of Format | Paragraph.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The "default space" is an empty paragraph. It cannot be removed, but if

you
want a new page, surely you intend to put some text on it?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Repurr" wrote in message
Every time I insert a page break, a default space appers directly

after
the
page break which cannot be removed. Does anyone know how this space

(which
appears to be a default of the page break) can be removed?
--
Regards

Repurr

CyberTaz

Does make a difference!

insert a table directly after (with no para marker/line space) a header...

You can also go into Header/Footer layer and insert the table there.

Good Luck |:)