Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wyoh

Default cursor jumps

I work in an office with nine editors, all using Word 2003 SP1, who make
heavy use of Track Changes and comments.

They have a universal, persistent, inconsistent issue with the comments
feature. While the editor is typing a given comment, the cursor will often
jump back into (a) the shaded area that displays commenter's name, the date,
etc., or (b) the body of the text. Also, when the cursor moves to the shaded
area, it is not necessarily the one related to the current comment.

All editors are using desktop systems. Speech recognition is disabled.
"Click and type" is deselected. To add insult to injury, I have been unable
to replicate the issue. If I hadn't sat with these people and seen the issue,
I would think it a mass user error brought on by drinking the same Kool-Aid.

I am not stupid, but I have the horrible, dreadful feeling that I'm missing
something simple here. If anyone has any ideas, I would do a happy little
dance, thus providing the office with some much-needed amusement.

Thanks in advance,
Wyoh