Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ken

Default how do i clear the clipboard?

Can someone help me please!
I am running word 2003 and i do alot of coping and pasting. Recently after
the cope and paste action, the clipboard would not allow me copy a second
item, it retains the first one even when i clear the clipboard, it would not
go away but comes right back.

To worsen the situation the clipboard started doing a screen capture by
itself, such that when i open a blank page in word i find that there is
something already on the clip board, if i paste this item it will be a screen
capture of the blank page.
Kindly help me stop this from going on further
Cheers
ken
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

Most likely you have a problem with your Print Screen key - dirty or
something pressing on it.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"ken" wrote in message
Can someone help me please!
I am running word 2003 and i do alot of coping and pasting. Recently after
the cope and paste action, the clipboard would not allow me copy a second
item, it retains the first one even when i clear the clipboard, it would

not
go away but comes right back.

To worsen the situation the clipboard started doing a screen capture by
itself, such that when i open a blank page in word i find that there is
something already on the clip board, if i paste this item it will be a

screen
capture of the blank page.
Kindly help me stop this from going on further
Cheers
ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ken

Thanks Tony for your reply but in the circumstance what do i do as the proble
is continueing. (Again which is the print key that i need to worry about?)

Thanks again
ken

"ken" wrote in message
Can someone help me please!
I am running word 2003 and i do alot of coping and pasting. Recently after
the cope and paste action, the clipboard would not allow me copy a second
item, it retains the first one even when i clear the clipboard, it would

not
go away but comes right back.

To worsen the situation the clipboard started doing a screen capture by
itself, such that when i open a blank page in word i find that there is
something already on the clip board, if i paste this item it will be a

screen
capture of the blank page.
Kindly help me stop this from going on further
Cheers
ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

It should say "Print Screen" or "Prt Scr" or "Prt Scn" or "Prt Sc" - and
maybe also "Sys Req" or "Sys Rq" on it. Somewhere top right of your keyboard
and, it may need unsticking or the keyboard may need cleaning.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"ken" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hi Ho Silver

Could it be that you are using the Office Clipboard in some way; when
activated, it does retain multiple copy operations. Could it also be that
you are using Office 2000 and not 2003? Just a wild thought.