Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ccane42 ccane42 is offline

Default How do I save a merged doc without getting the list doc again?

I have five merge documents that I use with one list document. I enter the
information for the initial document, then add more as the process continues.
I merge a document then save it to an electronic file and print it.
However, if I want to go to the folder the document is saved in and open it,
it asks for the list document again. I'm not sure how to get to the document
without going through the SQL dialog box - if it's even possible. It's quite
annoying.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you saving the right file? If you merge to a New Document, and save
that new Document, it should not be connected to a data source, unless,
of course, it is attached to a Word template that is connected to the
data source, in which case the best fix is probably to disconnect the
template from the data source.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk