Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
magicdds magicdds is offline

Default Change carriage return to a line feed

I have data being merged to my word document from propietary software, that I
can't change. The data comes over like this:

Mergefield1 = Response1 CR Response2 CR Response3
Mergefield2 = Response4 CR Response5 CR Response6

As such, when the responses print in my document, I can't get a hanging
indent to work. Each response gets printed at the left margin.

If I change the CR (carriage return) to LF (line feed) everything prints
properly.

Is there a way (other than manually) to get the data, when being merged, to
change the Carriage returns to line feeds?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

It would be best if you did not start a new thread for the same issue.

One way in addition to those that I mentioned in your other thread would be
to use the datasource with a Directory type mailmerge main document in which
you have the merge fields inside the cells of a one row table and then use
Edit Replace to replace ^p with ^l, then add a row at the top of the table
into the cells of which you insert the names of your mergefields and then
save that document and use it as the data source for the mail merge that you
originally wanted to perform.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.