Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff V. Pulver Jeff V. Pulver is offline

Default Word 2007 Preview Pane does not Display a MS Word Document

Dear All:

Word 2007 Preview Pane does not display a MS Word Document. It does display
a .TXT document. I performed a Clean Install of Vista Business followed by a
Clean Install of Office 2007. I checked with friend who is also computer
knowledgeable and the preview feature is working for him.

Researching the issue I found several others who had the same issue. It was
in the following NG: http://www.tutorials-win.com/WordDoc...cument-287346/,
dated May, 2007. It also stated, "This is a known issue as per Office bug
735002." Is that legitimate? I could not find that information on
Microsoft's web site.

I also tried the suggestion of starting WinWord from a command prompt and
using the /a switch. That worked for a while and then stopped working.

Any help would be appreciated as I need the preview function.

Thank you.

:-) Cheers,

Jeff V. Pulver
www.a.acom
http://www.a.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff V. Pulver Jeff V. Pulver is offline

Dear All:

Please ignore the web site information on my signature, in the previous
post. That must have been left over from a test. Sorry.

--
:-) Cheers,

Jeff V. Pulver