Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mm18 mm18 is offline

Default Automatic Date Insertion

When I pull up an old, saved document for printing, it inserts the current
date. I wish to print the document with its original date. I can obviously
delete the current date and retype the original date but I really want to
turn off this'automatic date insertion' feature. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

That old document has a {Date} field which is updated when the document
is opened. Open that old document and change the { Date } field to a
{ CreateDate }. To see the field code, right click the date and select
toggle field codes.

mm18 wrote:
When I pull up an old, saved document for printing, it inserts the current
date. I wish to print the document with its original date. I can obviously
delete the current date and retype the original date but I really want to
turn off this'automatic date insertion' feature. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cardlaw Cardlaw is offline

I use { SaveDate } so that the date that pops up is the last time the
document was saved.

--
Cardlaw
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

mm18 wrote:
When I pull up an old, saved document for printing, it inserts the
current date. I wish to print the document with its original date. I
can obviously delete the current date and retype the original date
but I really want to turn off this'automatic date insertion'
feature. How can I do this?

Or, turn OFF Field Updating.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

That works only for SOME fields. I believe Date is not one of them...

On 17/1/07 8:30 AM, in article ,
"Poprivet" wrote:

Or, turn OFF Field Updating.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to "WD97: Fields Updated When Document Repaginated" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=89953, switching to Print Layout view or
Print Preview (or any other action that causes repagination) will update
Time and Date fields. Another thing to watch out for is that any field in a
header or footer will be updated at print time regardless of the "Update
fields" setting in Print Options.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" wrote in
message ...

"Poprivet" wrote:

Or, turn OFF Field Updating.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mm18 mm18 is offline

Mr. Massey:

Thank you for your response.
When I right click athe date as you suggested, I see the toggle field codes
but I am not understanding how to change the date field to a (createdate).

mm18

mm18 wrote:
When I pull up an old, saved document for printing, it inserts the current
date. I wish to print the document with its original date. I can obviously
delete the current date and retype the original date but I really want to
turn off this'automatic date insertion' feature. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Just click between the field code braces { } and change DATE to CREATEDATE
with you keyboard. Be careful not delete one of the braces. After you are
done, right click the field again, check update field, and toggle field
codes.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

mm18 wrote:
When I pull up an old, saved document for printing, it inserts the
current date. I wish to print the document with its original date.
I can obviously delete the current date and retype the original
date but I really want to turn off this'automatic date insertion'
feature. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mm18 mm18 is offline

Cardlaw-

Where is the (SAve Date) function

Greg Maxey Wrote:
That old document has a {Date} field which is updated when the document
is opened. Open that old document and change the { Date } field to a
{ CreateDate }. To see the field code, right click the date and
select
toggle field codes.

--
Cardlaw