Markup", forum, newsgroup, Microsoft Word, help, support, Microsoft Office" /> Markup" Microsoft Word Help" /> How do you turn off "View --> Markup" - Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

itz nin

Default How do you turn off "View --> Markup"

Under the View -- Markup on MS Word 2003, it is checked by default.

How do I remove this default setting?

There's a reason this setting is on the Security tab of Tools | Options.
It's to protect you from the embarrassment (possibly even the legal
liability) of sending out or printing a document with markup visible. Please
be aware that hiding tracked changes and comments does not remove them. If
you understand that you must accept changes and delete comments before the
document is "clean," then clear the check box in the Security Options.

"itz nin" wrote in message
Under the View -- Markup on MS Word 2003, it is checked by default.

How do I remove this default setting?

Rocky

Suzanne,

One question for you, We just migrated to Office 2003 from Office XP,
however we still have 30% of our company running Office XP. One thing I have
noticed is that some of the users who open a document authored in Office xp
which had the Track Changes turned on but View Markup was turned off by the
original author, do not see the Changes (Bulloons, underlines, etc.). So not
knowing changes are turned on they forward the document to user running
Office 2003, that is where we get into trouble. Because the Office 2003 user
will see the changes because be default View Markup is turned on. I wanted
to find out what will be the best approach to this problem, besides upgrading
everyone to Office 2003.

Thanks

"itz nin" wrote in message
Under the View -- Markup on MS Word 2003, it is checked by default.

How do I remove this default setting?

I believe that Word 2002 does have the option (also on the Security tab) to
"Warn before printing, saving, or sending a file that contains tracked
changes or comments." With this option enabled, your Word 2002 users should
be aware of hidden markup.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There's a reason this setting is on the Security tab of Tools | Options.
It's to protect you from the embarrassment (possibly even the legal
liability) of sending out or printing a document with markup visible.

Please
be aware that hiding tracked changes and comments does not remove them.

If
you understand that you must accept changes and delete comments before

the
document is "clean," then clear the check box in the Security Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"itz nin" wrote in message
Under the View -- Markup on MS Word 2003, it is checked by default.

How do I remove this default setting?

Rocky

Suzanne,

Thanks for the quick response, does this mean that each individual user will
have to manually turn this option on in Xp, is their a registry entry we can
change which will turn this option on for the users?

Thanks

"itz nin" wrote in message
Under the View -- Markup on MS Word 2003, it is checked by default.

How do I remove this default setting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teena

Help

I've been creating Word docs and when I sent them to someone else, they are
able to see my changes. I want the documents to be "clean" ~ as if designed
with no changes.

I've tried "Accepting all changes" ~ they disappear on my doc but appear on
others if they have "Final showing markup" turned on (which I can't control).

It seems bizarre that there's no way to do this. What I've had to do is
copy and paste ... and then reformat for colour, headings, etc. Very time
consuming. Or I pdf them ~ which isn't efficient if the recipient needs to
make changes.

Thanks!
Teena

"itz nin" wrote in message
Under the View -- Markup on MS Word 2003, it is checked by default.

How do I remove this default setting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have truly accepted all the changes and then saved the document
before sending it, then there should be no way for others to see your
markup. Note that switching to Final view just hides the markup; to remove
it, you must click on the down arrow beside the Accept Change button on the
Reviewing toolbar and choose Accept All Changes in Document.

"itz nin" wrote in message
Under the View -- Markup on MS Word 2003, it is checked by default.

How do I remove this default setting?

How do I turn off "View...Markup" permanently? Dkhosch Microsoft Word Help 3 February 7th 05 03:44 PM
Hide comment initials in normal view of body? KerryL Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 10:31 AM
markup TopofBest Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 11:55 PM
How do you stop the "markup" view from being on when I open parti. Sara Willis Parton fan Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 11:02 PM
How can I turn off the "showing markup" in Word? Anne G. Microsoft Word Help 1 December 4th 04 01:15 AM