Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jagdao jagdao is offline

Default Setting Margins

Ok i am not going crazy. I have a master copy of a document, I go in, I type
what needs to be typed, and then when i go to print it, it does't print the
same as the master. I have gone in, made sure all my margins are the exact
same as the the Master. Please HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are you saying that when you print, what comes out of the printer doesn't
match what you see onscreen?

It's not clear what you mean by "master copy". Do you mean that you're using
the Master Document feature? Something else?

A bit more description would help us figure out what's going on.

Also, how can you be sure you're not crazy?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"jagdao" wrote in message
news
Ok i am not going crazy. I have a master copy of a document, I go in, I
type
what needs to be typed, and then when i go to print it, it does't print
the
same as the master. I have gone in, made sure all my margins are the exact
same as the the Master. Please HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This can be very irritating. I have a document with very "sensitive"
margins. The second of two Continuous sections is in three columns.
Yesterday Print Layout view showed 34 lines in columns 1 and 2, 32 in column
3. It appeared the same in Print Preview. When I printed, there were 34
lines in column 1, 33 in columns 2 and 3 (as expected). Today when I open
the same document, it shows 34, 33, 33.

In order to get even this, I had to decrease the top margin by 0.03";
otherwise one line was bumped to the next page. So obviously the spacing is
quite tight.

The phenomenon described was with 0.45" top and 0.4" bottom margins. It
turned out that 0.45" was not enough for binding (in an ACCO binder), but
changing to 0.5" and 0.35" throws me back to 34, 34, 32 (even in Print
Preview). Again, if I save, close, and reopen, I get 34, 33, 33, but Print
Preview changes it back to 34, 34, 32. sigh

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Are you saying that when you print, what comes out of the printer doesn't
match what you see onscreen?

It's not clear what you mean by "master copy". Do you mean that you're
using the Master Document feature? Something else?

A bit more description would help us figure out what's going on.

Also, how can you be sure you're not crazy?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

news

Setting of Margins Don[_2_] New Users 3 April 25th 07 02:56 PM
trouble with setting margins SVHS Teacher Tables 2 December 5th 05 07:43 PM
TOC margins--setting Summer Microsoft Word Help 2 November 10th 05 11:41 PM
Setting Margins Mark Anthony Page Layout 1 August 2nd 05 05:10 PM
Setting up margins please Steved Microsoft Word Help 2 June 20th 05 09:01 AM