Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Tina is offline

Default Setting Margins

I cannot set my margins not will it accept the default margin. When ever I
attemp to set the margin this is the error message that I receive:
"increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in some
sections having unevenly spaced columns."

The margin is set at 0.04 left and right and will not accept changes. Can
you help?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Tina is offline

Thank you so much. That works for an existing document but whenI try to
create a new document the documents opens in landscape and I need to change
the default setting for all documents. Can you help or any suggestions?

"Tina" wrote in message
I cannot set my margins not will it accept the default margin. When ever I
attemp to set the margin this is the error message that I receive:
"increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in some
sections having unevenly spaced columns."

The margin is set at 0.04 left and right and will not accept changes. Can
you help?

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In a new document based on Normal.dot, without making any other changes,
change the page orientation from Landscape to Portrait, click Default...,
and answer yes. If you have the same problems with these documents (caused
by the unequal columns widths), find and open Normal.dot (instructions at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm) and perform the
same operation (clicking the One preset in the Columns dialog) there, then
save.

"Tina" wrote in message
I cannot set my margins not will it accept the default margin. When
ever I
attemp to set the margin this is the error message that I receive:
"increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in
some
sections having unevenly spaced columns."

The margin is set at 0.04 left and right and will not accept changes.
Can
you help?

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Tina is offline

Suzanne,

This was great information it's working and I really appreciate your
assistance.

"Tina" wrote in message
I cannot set my margins not will it accept the default margin. When
ever I
attemp to set the margin this is the error message that I receive:
"increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in
some
sections having unevenly spaced columns."

The margin is set at 0.04 left and right and will not accept changes.
Can
you help?

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help.

"Tina" wrote in message
I cannot set my margins not will it accept the default margin. When
ever I
attemp to set the margin this is the error message that I receive:
"increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in
some
sections having unevenly spaced columns."

The margin is set at 0.04 left and right and will not accept
changes.
Can
you help?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the
"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow

Setting Margins jagdao Page Layout 2 April 2nd 08 02:33 PM
Setting of Margins Don[_2_] New Users 3 April 25th 07 02:56 PM
TOC margins--setting Summer Microsoft Word Help 2 November 10th 05 11:41 PM
Setting Margins Mark Anthony Page Layout 1 August 2nd 05 05:10 PM
Setting up margins please Steved Microsoft Word Help 2 June 20th 05 09:01 AM