Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Bob is offline

Default Deploy new corporate font and set as default in normal.dot

I need to roll out a new corporate standard font to a large number of
users. Getting the font onto the PC is covered.

What I need to do is to make this font the default font for all new Word
documents. I can't replace everyone's normal.dot as this would lose all
of their other settings.

Any idea how I might go about this?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Don't even try! Make sure the shared document templates that you use for
your company documents have this font configured in *their* styles. Leave
normal.dot alone.

Bob wrote:
I need to roll out a new corporate standard font to a large number of
users. Getting the font onto the PC is covered.

What I need to do is to make this font the default font for all new
Word documents. I can't replace everyone's normal.dot as this would
lose all of their other settings.

Any idea how I might go about this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Bob is offline

Well, that was my thought at first, and the shared letter templates etc
have been modified, but the powers that be know better of course.

Graham Mayor wrote:
Don't even try! Make sure the shared document templates that you use for
your company documents have this font configured in *their* styles. Leave
normal.dot alone.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Well in that case either you will have to visit every site or you will have
to instruct the users how to change the default font for themselves - and it
won't achieve anything

Graham Mayor wrote:
Don't even try! Make sure the shared document templates that you use
for your company documents have this font configured in *their*
styles. Leave normal.dot alone.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mirkovic Mirkovic is offline

common, this question never seems to get answered, It's always the same don't
mess with normal.dot, ok fine I won't, but give us a solution then. Every
company must have this problem when wanting to change default font for
everyone.
When word starts for my company users I wan't it to use the font/style I
decide, they shall not have to open word then a template to get it right.
Microsoft must have a solution to this problem, it has been a problem in all
word versions haven't been fixed yet , or are Microsoft saying Word is not
for company's with lots if users, who want's to control/change the apperance
of Office, and should be looking for other programs. If I'm sounding angry,
It's just frustration for not finding a solution to this problem.