Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redtux redtux is offline

Default Maintaining Linked pictures etc with zip Archive

Hi I am attempting to the following
Create a word doc with pictures inserted as links (and links to various
spreadsheets)
The external docs reside in the same directory
The directory is then to be zipped up and distributed
However word (2007) insists on absolute paths for links
Thereseems no option to use a relative path
In addition in the maintain external links dialog, when I attempt to alter
the link to point within the archive (after opening zip file and opening word
doc inside) file navigation stops with .zip file ie: cannot choose file inside

Anyone any ideas of a solution to this - I really want to get away from
embedding everything
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi redtux,

I doubt you'll be able to get Word to link to an image file inside a zip archive. However, to see how to implement relative paths in
Word for the files once you've extracted them from the zip archive, check out the solution I've posted at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=670027

--
Cheers
macropod