Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
becca.raider becca.raider is offline

Default Email merge crashing at errors

I'm using office/outlook 2007 and sending an email to a large list. Word
freezes and i have to restart every so often and i've narrowed it down to
when it gets an error. I have it set to "complete the merge without pausing,
report errors in a new document" but it appears that it cannot open a new
document or freezes when it gets an error.
Do I have a setting somewhere that is preventing this? Sometimes it crashes
after 2, sometimes after 15, but i'm so frustrated
--
Thanks!
Rebecca
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

A number of people have reported a general problem with merging to HTML
format mail where Word simply hangs at some point. I haven't been able to
replicate it myself. Various theories have ben proposed and Microsoft has
logged a bug report for the issue.

However, because of this...

i've narrowed it down to
when it gets an error

I wonder whether you are experiencing a slightly different problem, or
whether in fact by doing this

complete the merge without pausing,
report errors in a new document"

you are seeing something that others have missed.

Are you able to see any type of specific error info - is Word recording it
in a new document?
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"becca.raider" wrote in message
I'm using office/outlook 2007 and sending an email to a large list. Word
freezes and i have to restart every so often and i've narrowed it down to
when it gets an error. I have it set to "complete the merge without
pausing,
report errors in a new document" but it appears that it cannot open a new
document or freezes when it gets an error.
Do I have a setting somewhere that is preventing this? Sometimes it
crashes
after 2, sometimes after 15, but i'm so frustrated
--
Thanks!
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
becca.raider becca.raider is offline

I think that's where it gets hung up. Unless it's reporting it in a document
somewhere that I don't see. It never gives me an error message, just freezes
until I end the program.

When it freezes, the window become inactive, but the office icon is active
and a new frame but that's it. Then the cursor is the hour glass until i end
the task.

Hope this helps. If I'm not having the same problem as the rest and anyone
has an insight, it's much appreciated.

Thanks!
Rebecca