Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TerryH TerryH is offline

Default how can I send an Office document by fax using Vista in 2000 i we.

How can I send an Office document to fax using Vista. With 2000 I selected
File-Print-Fax.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It depends which version of Windows Vista you have. Some versions do not
include fax software and no versions of Windows installed the fax software
by default. If you have one of the Home versions of Vista you will either
have to upgrade it to a version that includes fax or install a Vista
compatible third party fax application. Then you can print to the fax driver
as before.

TerryH wrote:
How can I send an Office document to fax using Vista. With 2000 I
selected File-Print-Fax.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] is offline

What version of Vista? Only Vista Business and Ultimate have the Fax and
Scan modules, no fax is included on Vista Home and Basic editions. If you
have Home or Basic, these fax applications are compatible with Vista:

Snappy Fax
http://www.snappysoftware.com/
RKSFax
http://www.rkssoftware.com/rksfax/overview.html
VentaFax
http://www.ventafax.com/
FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro 7.5
http://www.faxtalk.com/products/ftfcp/index.htm

I've seen reports that the free version of BVRP works with Vista also:

http://www.usr.com/bvrp/bvrp.asp
BVRP PhoneTools

Since the above comes bundled with new USR modems, I don't know if it will
work with non-USR modems. You can also send Faxes via your Internet
connection provided you are willing to pay for an Internet E-Faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/serv...tm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --