Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl

Default Section footers

One of the attorneys for whom I work wants a section in her 100-page document
to be called "F1" with the "F" referring to the financials and listed in the
TOC as Section F1 . HOWEVER, she only wants the header of F1 to include 8 of
the nearly 20 pages in that section.

Is this possible? If so, how?

As I'm writing this, it just entered my mind that what might work would be
somehow putting those 8 pages inside a table with repeating headers. That
would present other formatting nightmares, but it might work.

What would you do?

Thanks for all you do for me and others!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use an {If { page } n "{ if { page } n + 10 "This is the header for F1"
"" }" "" } field construction in the header.

where n is the number of the page immediately before Section F1 and you
replace n + 10 with whatever that equals.

Use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and make sure that you
have a space either side of the and operators.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP