Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aasghar aasghar is offline

Default How do I limit 'find and replace' to the selected text? .

How do I limit the 'find and replace' function of MS Word to the selected
text only, not to the whole document? I wish to select a part of a large
document in which I wish to replace some text. I want the replacement to be
limited only to the selected part of the document, not the whole document.
--
aasghar
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
firemanjbinpa firemanjbinpa is offline

Place your cursor in a line one or two above the area you wish to search.
After you have entered your "find" and "replace" info, click on "find next".
It will show you the first place it occurs after the cursor location and will
be highlighted. Click "replace" and it will replace the highlighted text and
automatically find the next place it occurs, if you don't want to change that
one, click on "find next" again, otherwise just click on "replace" each time
it occurs. Once you have finished checking the area in question, click on
"close".

"aasghar" wrote:

How do I limit the 'find and replace' function of MS Word to the selected
text only, not to the whole document? I wish to select a part of a large
document in which I wish to replace some text. I want the replacement to be
limited only to the selected part of the document, not the whole document.
--
aasghar

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Select the passage you want to search: Click at the beginning, Shift+Click
at the end or whatever technique you prefer. When you run the F&R it will
only affect the selected portion, then provide a prompt asking if you want
to continue through the remainder of the doc - click No.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones